The Sheriff of Porter County is authorized to collect taxes due to the State of Indiana. If you wish to dispute the amount owed, please contact the Indiana Department of Revenue directly in Indianapolis at (317) 232-2165, or their Merrillville branch located at 1411 E 85th Ave, Merrillville, IN 46410 (219) 769-4267. Otherwise, you may choose to pay in full or call our office to set up a payment arrangement. We do NOT send payment coupons. You are responsible for remembering your payment every month. Once your first payment is received, your account will be put on a payment plan.
How to make payments:
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS
- Money Order, Certified Check, EXACT cash or Credit/Debit card payments may be made at our office Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm (except holidays)
- Mail Money Order or Certified Check mailed to: Porter County Sheriff, Attn: Rachel, 2755 State Road 49, Valparaiso, IN 46383
- Please write your Warrant Number on your Money Order/Certified Check
- Only payments with a self addressed stamped envelope will receive a receipt.
- Credit/Debit Card over the phone to our office, or over the phone to Gov Pay Exp at 1-888-604-7888 or Credit/Debit Card payment online at www.GovPayNow.com Enter PLC (Pay Location Code) is 7765 to be directed to Porter County-Civil Bureau-Tax Warrants.