Holiday / Mall Safety
Criminals are opportunists—they want the easy hit. If they wanted to work, they’d have a job!
- Find a busy, well-lit section of the parking lot
- Look around before you get out
- When you exit, walk with confidence!
- Make eye contact with people who approach
- While in the lot, keep your keys in your hand
- Don’t put name or address on key ring
- Don’t flaunt cash or jewelry
- Tuck purse under your arm
- Use credit cards rather than cash
- Keep packages out of sight
If you are a victim
- Don’t resist! Robbers want stuff not you
- Best defensive spray is mixture of cs/oc
- Call 911 from scene, not when you get home
- Do not leave scene with bad guy
While you are away from home
- Lock your house—½ of burglars just walk in!
- Make your home look and sound occupied
Plan to be okay
- Let someone know your itinerary
- Keep a charged cell phone with you
- Use your instincts!
- Be aware!
Have a safe and wonderful Holiday!